In many of our performances, Sibrwd – our language access app – will be available to guide you through the play, whatever your level of fluency in Welsh. By means of a voice in the ear and text on screen, the app conveys in English what is being said on stage, and is available to use on your mobile phones.
When you arrive at the venue:
- Arrive in plenty of time in case you need any support on how to use the app.
- You will need the venue’s wi-fi details – they will be available at the Sibrwd table near the Ticket Office.
- Open the app before going into the auditorium and scan the QR code to ensure that it is working. The QR code can be found in the show programme, which is available free of charge from the Ticket Office. The Sibrwd app will ask for permission to gain access to your camera, and you will need to show the code to the camera.
- Remember to set your phone to ‘silent’.
- Do not remove your earphones from your device during the performance.
- You are now ready to use Sibrwd! When the performance starts, it will be possible to listen to the English translation through your earphones or read it on the screen of your device.
- At the end of the show, remember to complete the feedback questionnaire, telling us about your experience of using Sibrwd.
Yes. You will have to delete the old version from your device and download the new app from the App Store or Google Play.
In order to gain access, you will have to scan the QR code that is in the show programme.
Check your wi-fi connection – it’s possible that it has disconnected.