Take part in our work and help us place Welsh language theatre at the heart of the nation. Our current opportunities are below.
Creating Our New Website
We’re looking for a company to create a new website for us to support our work and improve our audience’s experience.
The successful company will work with Theatr Gen’s marketing team to create a new, bilingual and accessible website, in order to improve our online presence and to ensure that our website can support the company as we step further into the digital world.
Deadline for applications: 21 May 2021
Interviews: 3 – 4 June 2021
The new website will need to be ready for launch by the end of August 2021.
More information is available in this brief: Download
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Ceri Williams: email@example.com / 07903842617
We’re looking for up to 10 autistic adults to take part in a series of six workshops via Zoom. The ultimate goal is to write a performance piece about the life experiences and stories of autistic people, which will be performed by autistic actors. The workshops will be led by Lis Parsons, autistic psychology graduate and teacher with an MA in Creative Writing.
We encourage you to attend all workshops if possible, but this is not compulsory. The workshops will be delivered through the medium of Welsh but you don’t need to be fluent to take part.
- Learn some theory and techniques in writing for the stage, including developing characters, protagonists and antagonists, story arcs and more
- Develop these skills by writing sketches and monologues
- Learn the history of autism (including changelings, hermits and witches), the disability rights movement. We will touch on models of disability, and social science theories of conformity, deviance and social identity theory, and how these can be used to help us tell our own stories
- Learn how and why the Welsh Not was used to attempt to beat the Welsh language out of schoolchildren, and the similarities with ABA and behavioural techniques
- Learn about BSL and audio description, including some basic signs and fingerspelling
- Learn some specialist Welsh vocabulary related to theatre and autism
- Develop some new vocabulary in English and Welsh for things we’ve experienced but have been unable to name
- Everything is communication. Behaviour is communication
- Being different doesn’t make you a deviant, a criminal or evil
Please note, this is not intended to be a therapeutic activity. However, participants will not be obliged to take part in any activity which makes them feel uneasy.
The ultimate goal is to write a piece for performance. Therefore participants should consider whether they are willing to share life experiences and stories.
Any final performance will be performed by autistic actors, who may also be writers participating in this project, but not necessarily so.
This project is part of the Artist and Community Bursary. You can find more information about the bursary here.
Sessions – Every Thursday from 06/05/21 until 17/06/21 . 6pm – 7pm.
More details in the info pack below:
Scripts and Ideas
We’re always excited to meet new people and to receive scripts and ideas. Go to the Your Work page for more information.